December, the last month of the year, had been quite a learning experience for me. Along with so much happening in college life, event he blog was moving forward at a rapid pace. This was another of those rare occasions, where I managed to write posts in double digits. Making it an average of one post every 3 days. Wish I could do that more often.
1) The very first post of the month was a movie review. Review of R..Rajkumar starring Shahid Kapoor and Sonakshi Sinha. Another masala film, revenge-drama, love-story and a bit of hilarity. Unfortunately, the movie wasn’t well received by the critics. I quite liked it.
2) Ah, the love is cute series moved forward with a 7th post in it. Of course, none of them are actually sequels but like Bhatt camps, adding a number and another story is valid 😉 Love is cute – 7 was about a young couple quarreling yet loving each other. Was fun to write.
3) This was a rather long and not-so-humorous post. Love, you can never have too much of it wasn’t childish unlike many other posts on the blog, it was a bit deep. Or so I feel 😛
This post was about a woman’s internal dilemma to be away from the guy she loved but not being able to do it. And about how her guy was matured enough to understand it and help her with her dilemma.
4) Sweet Talk : An unexpected love story was a really funny and a sweet movie. An author facing writers-block calls up a phone-sex service and they embark on an virtual journey which makes them fall in love with each other. Brilliantly made.
5) Then came Dhoom 3, one of the most awaited movies of the year 2013 and also one of the biggest disappointments. Aamir Khan totally takes over the franchise and all others around him are totally neglected. One he was short, two he was old, three, he wasn’t thief-material. Although the film is now the biggest grosser in Hindi film industry, it was a disappointment and a big one at that.
6) Then came my first author-interview for the blog. In conversation with Manish Gupta, author of English Bites. He talks about his past and his relationship with English, his love for the language and his future plans. Was fun.
These were the articles that I managed to write on my own. The following were the induced articles based on my internship with The Viewspaper.
7) A post analysing why Google made an expensive ad campaign titled ‘Reunion‘ in India, where most of users already are aware and use Google.
8) A post about Amazon’s initiative of delivery by unmanned drones and the troubles that it may face in turning this idea into a reality.
9) A post on different smartphones and their OS available in the market as of now.
10) The final post of the month and the year where I ponder upon the evolution of marriages and divorces in India.
That was it in one of the beautiful years of the life of the blog 😛
Also, the blog reached some amazing heights in the year.
It touched the Alexa rank of below 2mn in India. It garnered over 1.5mn pageviews/hits in the year. I also wrote about 70 posts in the year!
Yes, it was a wonderful year for the blog.
Let’s see how the blog fares in 2014! 🙂